Thursday, May 3, 2012

Recipe

For my kids to eat healthily I always do yearn,
But veggies and whole wheat are foods that they spurn.
I have some tricks up my sleeve, I must confess,
To sneak in wholesome ingredients, so they’ll never guess!
Grated zucchini in meatballs can be disguised really well,
Replace bread crumbs with wheat germ and no one can tell.
For this oatmeal cookie recipe whole wheat flour you will use,
Add chocolate chips, nuts, craisins; whatever you choose!
After school my kids grab these when they race through the door,
Double the recipe; they’ll be asking for more!

Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
¼ Cup Oil
¼ Cup Corn Syrup
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
2 ½ Cups Oats
½ tsp. Salt
½ Cup Chocolate Chips, Raisins, Craisins, or Chopped Walnuts
Preheat oven to 350.
Beat oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
Add remaining ingredients and mix by hand.
With wet hands, form into balls and baked on greased cookie sheet for 10 to 12 minutes.


1 comment: