Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Latest Project

We recently bought a  loft bed for our older daughter, being that her room does not have space for furniture. I kept promising her that we were going to make her bedroom really beautiful. Of course, life got in the way of my grand plans, and months went by and we still hadn't decorated the room.
 Finally, I made this project a priority.
I bought the quilt, sheets, and throw pillows at HomeGoods.
I found a matching tulip stencil online, printed it, traced it onto stencil plastic and cut it out.
I painted one wall with Benjamin Moore Pink Ladies, and then I stenciled a row of tulips over the bed and all over the opposite wall, using stencil paint.




I transformed an extra pillowcase into a valance by adding grommets on top and pompom trim on the bottom.

   
For the finishing touch I bought 6 natural wood frames. I painted them white and put a different flower photo in each one.

4 comments:

  1. This is so perfect, it looks like it's from a home decorating magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks fantastic! Are those natural wood frames from Ikea? I have similar frames hanging in our home and I was considering painting mine black. Mine are also mirrored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the frames from Michaels and then I bought a calendar with pictures of flowers and I put them in.

      Delete