Monday, June 4, 2012


Cupcakes



My daughter came home one day, bearing a small box of gray,

It held cupcakes; I was so very impressed.

They were adorned with flowers, she must have spent hours,

How she made them, I was unable to guess.


When her secret she did reveal, I let out a squeal,

It was so simple, I couldn’t help but laugh.

What appeared complicated to me, was simple as can be,

The flowers were marshmallows, just cut in half!


One afternoon in May, on a dreary, rainy day,

We made these cupcakes at home for a treat,

They were fun to create, the end result was great,

They were certainly too pretty to eat!



So they sat on a tray, day after day,

To eat them would be to destroy them,

Finally, I thought, I’m afraid they will rot,

I said, “Let’s just dig in and enjoy them!”


Eating them was fun, we consumed every one,

Crumbs were all that did remain.

Snapshots had been taken, so their memory wasn’t forsaken,

And we can show them off all over again!


















No comments:

Post a Comment